February 14, 2009

Hip Pain

I had not had very much hip pain till the middle of my 2nd trimester, but once it started it was a real problem. I lost allot of sleep because of it. Fortunately I found a couple of things that helped me.
1) Invest in a pregnancy pillow. They are expensive, but they really help you sleep longer.

2) Get out of bed and take a walk (I walk to the restroom, killing two birds with one stone).

3) Bounce on an exercise ball for a little while.

4) Always ALWAYS wear good shoes when you are standing or walking. I got some slide on sneakers (on the advice of my beautiful sister-in-law) that I keep with me all the time.

None of these things have taken care of the problem, but they all help me, and I hope they help you.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

My hip pain started a few weeks ago, and I'm only at week 15. So I, for one, appreciate the tips. Slide-on shoes are a must, too! I've been borrowing Dan's Birkenstocks when we go anywhere. It saves me having to bend over to put them on, and they are intelligently designed. The other thing I find helpful is making the bed softer so that there isn't so much pressure on the bottom hip from all of the body weight it is supporting. To that end, I just ordered another layer of memory foam to go on top of the pillow-top and memory foam that is already there. Did you know I was really the princess who was bruised by the pea? lol

I'll have to try the other things you mention, too. Glad you are doing well enough to keep blogging!

Nikki said...

Just wondering how you are doing...

Love ya,

Nik