February 09, 2009

Big Time

I said that I would blog about the last few weeks of my pregnancy very honestly so that anyone who is earlier in their pregnancy would have a play-by-play. So, here goes...
I am big... really big. It takes me forever to get up and walking happens in slow motion, man, I thought I was slow the last few months but that was nothing compared to now.
The other thing that has changed, again, is my sleep pattern. I seem to get around 5 hours a night in 1 1/2 hour stretches. I have to go to the restroom, or be sick, or change positions after a little walk. I was given a pregnancy pillow which seems to help with the soreness. This all seems to be really good practice :).
I think it is a good thing that the end is so uncomfortable, otherwise you wouldn't want to give birth. If you aren't ready, or if you are having angst about your birth, you will be ready by the time you are at 9 1/2 months.
On the bright side, and there is lots of bright side...
Simone does some really cute things. She likes to tickle me with her feet (I wonder if I will be able to swaddle her feet) she brushes against me with her toes so much that I have begun to wonder if she is trying to make her way out by digging.
I love that it is so obvious that I'm really pregnant! People are so much nicer and full of smiles around me. No matter what people may think they think, they are always made more cheerful by the thought of a new little human. I like to see the joy happen.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Fun stuff. Dan and I walked around the grocery store at what amounted to a crawl tonight because my energy is already so low - that kind of trip once a week is about the most I do. I can only imagine my pace when I am also negotiating with a huge belly. As it is, I don't sleep well thanks to aching hips. To think there is even more to look forward to... I figure it is all worth it, but I don't look forward to some aspects of the road ahead. :)

Whether or not you would have been ready to give birth, I know we are quite eager to meet Simone by now. I pray that when the time comes, she will come easily and without complication.