February 02, 2009

Home Again

We spent a few hours at the hospital last night. I was very dehydrated and seem to have some kind of intestinal bug. I was experiencing moderate contractions that were fairly regular, and I was in a lot of discomfort. I had to drink a bunch of water and given saline through an IV. The nurses had a lot of trouble getting the IV in so my hands and wrists are quite bruised. once I was hydrated my contractions stopCheck Spellingped so we were sent home just after 1 am. It was quite a night, and I learned a few things.

1. I have to drink way more water than I thought. About 16 oz. an hour.
2. Jer is very calm in the midst of a crisis.
3. Moderate contractions are uncomfortable but not really painful.
4. get your bags packed at least a month before your dew date, you may not need everything in them, but its really nice to have everything you may need all in one place.

5 comments:

Mrs.Volks said...

Wow! What an experience. I'm glad everything turned out all right!!

m(oose) said...

You poor baby! I'm sorry you had to spend another evening at the hospital :( I'm glad you're okay! ::hugs::

Nikki said...

Yikes. I don't like IVs anyway, so I can imagine how unpleasant all of the bruising on the hand must be. I've read that dehydration can cause some real problems, but I didn't realize just what sort or how many. It's a good reminder to keep the water flowing, even though all of the trips to the bathroom are annoying. Take good care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I wrote dew not due! That is where my brain is these days!!!

Nikki said...

Haha. Pregnancy brain strikes again! I've already had pregnant moments, and I'm barely looking at T2.