July 21, 2008

Two Months Down

Well, It has been an exciting 2 months.

The first month was very easy. The only real symptoms of pregnancy I had were that I was very tired, and that my mid section swelled. I was surprised at how tired I was. Taking a shower was enough to make me need to take a nap. On days that I went to work I had to be in bed at around 7pm. Also, I was surprised at how much by body shape changed. I had to buy maternity pants and bras by week 4! I didn't expect that to happen till I was a few months pregnant not a few weeks.

Month 2 has been a bit more challenging. As you know, if you are a person who has depended on me in any way, I have been very sick. I have been late to work almost every day, I have not made it to many commitments, and I have totally flaked on any social engagements. I have felt so bad about all of this, and more than a little helpless. I know that I will feel like this for a few more weeks and that knowledge is getting me through it. So far I have tried many traditional ways to help morning sickness like extra sleep, fruit in heavy syrup, crackers, and exercise. I have also tried some new fancy products including Ginger Chews, Preggy Pops, Happy Mama Spray, Mother to Be Tea, and Mama Bee Body Oil. Most of them work to put a dent in the nausea for a little while. I think the tea and exercise have been the best things so far, although the Preggy Pops are really tasty.

Another thing that I have been feeling is a lot of anxiety. I find myself worrying all of the time. My poor husband has to comfort me and reassure a bawling me all the time. It must be getting old, but he is so wonderful that he doesn't show his frustration. I love him so much.

One really cool thing about the last week is that I have been able to feel something growing inside my body. It is really strange, and I laugh because it reminds my of the princess and the pea. When I lay down on my stomach I can feel a bubble that must be my baby. How cool is that!

Well, that's about it. My feelings, and anxiety for the first two months. Please continue to pray.

5 comments:

m(oose) said...

Hang in there mama-to-be :)

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Trying again. Sorry. lol

So, I think I was trying to say something about how worrying is sooooo easy to do, but it's also worth fighting. It's easy to let the weeks pass in a state of panic, when all the panic does is keep you from enjoying this most exciting time in your life to the full. I don't mean this to scold, not at all! I just mean that I hope you will find peace and joy in the waiting. God is in control of this, too... and even if he were not, odds are excellent that you and baby will be just fine. *hugs*

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

No doubt the signs of pregnancy make the challenges worth while :) We are still praying for you. Hopefully your morning sickness will wane soon. Energy-wise, I also found that exercise helped me feel better.

Oh, yes, the days of bawling for no reason. Along with that, you might start having vivid dreams. Actually, that was fun.

Advice: If you like sleeping on your stomach, do it while you can because it will be a long time before you can sleep like that again (especially if you plan to nurse the baby).

I love the updates!

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Hey Ash!

I hope you will get this comment relatively soon. I just put our phone number up on facebook (rather than publish it on our public blog). I thought I had your e-mail in my address book but I don't see it now. I hope you are doing well!
<3 Erin (AKA F2 Head)