July 16, 2008

As Of 7/16/08




Life around here has been more than a little crazy.


Jer has been working 15 hour days for the last week, and will continue to work that way for another week. He is preparing for the big retreat that his organization puts on once a year that starts next Wednesday. He will be out of town next Wednesday through Monday.


I thought I might escape the ickiness that is morning sickness, but no luck, it kicked in with a vengeance last Friday. I have been very tired and quite sick since. Other than that I have been working more than I usually do, which is great. I was taking a class at Santa Monica College but I had to drop out. I really thought that I could handle the schedule, and I could until I found out that I was pregnant, and that mom will have to have another round of chemo.


Mom has to have more chemo. She has not yet had an appointment with her Dr., but he was pretty sure that some spots on her liver (that she has had for years) are in need of some attention. She has a great outlook about things. I'm glad that she had a few days to be happy about the baby before she found out about the treatment. She will meet with her Dr. in a couple of weeks, after she takes some more tests. I'll be sure to post the results.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

m(oose) said...

I'm so sorry about your mom :( She'll be in my thoughts, as always. Please keep us updated on her results.

Regarding the morning sickness, I've heard eating or drinking stuff with ginger is supposed to be helpful. Hope you feel better soon :)

The picture of Wednesday is a hoot, btw!

Katie Jones said...

Well, the old wives tale is that the more morning sick you get, the better the baby is implanting itself in your womb. Sounds like the little one is getting cozy. :)

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We will be praying for her.

Life from about 8 weeks to 14 weeks gestation for me consisted of work, come home, eat, and go to bed. I was soooo tired. Thankfully, it didn't last long. And, the whole experience netted wonderful results :). You know it is worth all the misery.

Nikki said...

Sorry to hear that there's more chemo needed... it seems like some people just get way more than their share of life's challenges. We will, of course pray, that she comes through this with as much grace and victory as ever.