April 08, 2008

The Prints The Thing

Well, I haven't been able to go to church since I wrote the post about my dress so I don't know how Sharon will like the dress, but I have a picture of another dress that I made for all you you to see...




I have learned two important lessons from making this dress 1. a bold print covers a multitude of sewing flaws 2. I need to go on a diet, big time.

I'm really embarrassed about the second point. I didn't realize I looked that bad. Instead of dwelling on that too much I am choosing to start my diet today. Actually we, everyone in my household that is, are all going to start the "Zone" diet. I have heard good things about this diet, and the safe healthy way it teaches you to eat and live. I am also going to try to get moving more. I have a gym membership, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it ($$). I think I will try to take more walks for now and retry the gym option when it gets cold again.

I'm putting this all in print as a kind of accountability thing, by the way. So feel free to ask or nag if you want. I'm thinking I should post some kind of progress report too, that will mean getting out the scale-yuck. I promise I won't get too obsessed though.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Ashleigh, do you want to take a walk on Thursday morning or Friday? I have to be in at 10:30am on Thursday, and I am free until 2pm on Friday (I took the day off for the retreat.)

Just if you want. I love walks with friends!

Unknown said...

This is the first time I've visited your blog. I can't wait to see your sewing exploits. I have a machine that I mostly use for minor repairs. The most exciting thing I've made in recent memory is fitted cloth diapers.
-jen marie

Nikki said...

Oh, the dress is cute! I like. I didn't see the photo when I visited before.

:)