March 27, 2008

10:37 And All Is Well

I'm so excited about my new mania! My very good friend Katie lent me a sewing machine a few weeks ago, and I have been teaching myself to sew. So far I have made some napkins, a pair of cozy pants for Jer (see picture), and a dress. I plan to wear the dress to church on Sunday, but I am a bit nervous because Sharon will see it if I do. Sharon, if you haven't met her, is passionate about sewing, and very good at it. Well good isn't the word... more like amazing. She is very kind to me, but I know that is it is wrong she will let me know, and I will feel bad :(. I will post with the result on Monday.
And Now... A very cozy Jeremiah.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ooooh. Sewing is fun... but I dare say I haven't the patience for it most of the time! I do better with a scarf I can knit on for a while and then forget for a month or two. Still, when I was making dolls for a while, I did enjoy he challenge and hand-ons aspects. I haven't been brave enough to make something for myself to wear since I was in Junior High, though. :D

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

I can't wait to see the results! Wanna sew me a dress :).

isellseals said...

ooh! i just bought a sewing machine today! we should have sewing parties!