December 24, 2008

Update

Yesterday was the first day of our 30th week of pregnancy. I am so happy that we are getting close, but I'm also having allot of anxiety about the whole "birth thing". I will not dwell on this... I'll just say that I am very glad that there are good drugs, and I love that I will be giving birth in one of the best hospitals in the world.
This new trimester has, like the first two, been very challenging, but allot more fun. Our little Simone is very active all the time! She does different kinds of activities at different times of the day.
In the morning she does this funny scratching thing. It tickles, which is really strange.
In the afternoon and evening she gives the strongest kicks and punches. Jeremiah has been able to feel her kicking, but nobody else has had their hand on my belly at the right time.
At night she likes to dance. She kicks softly, but really fast and she throws her head back and to the side. I think she will like to dance like her daddy when she is older :).
I always respected the fact that she was her own little person, even when I couldn't feel her, but now that I can feel her I am getting a real idea of her personality it is really striking how much I know about her... she likes Vivaldi!
I hope to be able to download some picture soon. I have been taking "belly" photos every month, so hopefully I can post some so you can all see the growth. For now I''ll just say that my belly has gotten huge the last two weeks!

4 comments:

m(oose) said...

Ooh! Please post pictures!

Katie Jones said...

Can't wait to see the changes!

Beth said...

Ashleigh,

The abbess at the monastery we visited last weekend, told us to pray the salutations (Akathist to the Mother of God) to the Theotokos everyday, for a painless birth.

Believe me, we started right away, and though I am hoping for a painless birth as a gift from our Holy Mother, regardless, it is very nice to add these prayers to our daily routine.

Keeping you in our prayers, Elisabeth

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

I am glad you are able to enjoy your pregnancy. You appear very intuned to Simone's movements. She already seems to have a routine, which will help when she arrives :). I remember being nervous about the birth process. It was not easy, but it was very natural. Our bodies were designed to give birth. I look forward to seeing some belly pictures :).