November 24, 2007

The Mist


Jer and I just got back from the movies. We saw "The Mist". It's the new Stephen King movie that "forces us to ask ourselves what we would do in an extraordinary situation" blah, blah, blah. I was mad for most of the movie because, as usual, Christians are portrayed as crazy- yelling about how "we have angered God by going to the moon, splitting His atoms, abortion, and stem cells"! They are not the same sort of thing! Going to the moon is not the same as abortion.
Anyway, its not the point of the film, and for the most part it is a good monster thriller. I bet the book is really good. Stephen King is pretty cynical (I really don't get it because he gets paid lots of money to tell stories) but I'm sure its a fun read.
So... I think I'd better push publish or this rant will never end, sorry, and thank you.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

What? You mean we're not crazy? Darn it. BTW - I think you commented on my South of the Border post before I even got all the pics up. Amazing eh?

Anonymous said...

“Welcome to Sesame Street kids. Today's word is expiation.”

Hmmmm...I dunno about you, but spilling the blood of the innocent always seems to take the edge off for me