May 28, 2008

Super Yummy!

Okay, so I really like Martha Stewart's online recipes. They are always really easy to understand, and I always know that if I just follow the directions the recipe will turn out just the way it should. Although I have used the online recipes for years, I had never purchased any of her books... until now. I am now the happy owner of this book. I love it. Very few of the recipes take longer than 30 minutes to make, the pictures are lovely, and they are mostly 4 serving recipes. How great is that!






Tonight I made "Tortilla Soup". I adjusted the recipe for the things I had in my pantry, and fridge so it's not really the same as the one in the cookbook (so I don't have a problem posting it)


1 lb. chicken, sliced, or cubed
4 c. Low sodium chicken stock
1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 T. olive oil
4 tortillas (I used wheat flour tortillas)

Method:
Heat oven to 400. Brush tortillas, on both sides, and then slice into 1/4 in. sliced. Spread tortilla slices on an baking sheet. Cook until golden brown, and crispy. OR use corn chips :)

Saute chicken in a hot skillet (I used Pam and a non-stick skillet), till chicken is completely cooked. Remove from heat, set aside.
Bring heat chicken stock, bell pepper, and cilantro to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chicken and continue to simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.

Serve with hot sauce, green onion, and sour cream. Oh, cheese is good too.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oooh - looks very yummy! My to-die-for soup of the moment is Lemongrass Soup (With chicken and a rich broth) out of some ancient old Frugal Gourmet cookbook of immigrant dishes. It's great to find keepers!

m(oose) said...

That looks positively nom! I might have to steal your recipe... :)